Working as a travel agent is one of the best ways to help others explore the world and discover unique locations and elements of the planet around them. Whether you are working for a travel agency or running your own, maximizing your company’s viability and ability to generate leads and attract clients is essential, especially in a highly competitive market or industry.
One way to expand your reach is to do so with social media posts for travel agents. Using social media marketing for travel industry businesses can make a tremendous difference when it comes to attracting clients and solidifying a professional brand and reputation online. Learning how social media marketing travel industry methods can help you to outperform the competition while making a name for yourself is a great way to take any travel agency to the next level of success.
FACTS: Facebook is the primary content distribution channel for marketers today. In fact, Over 1.6 billion people around the world are connected to a small business on Facebook. (Hubspot)
Social Media Goals for Your Travel Agency
Before you can create social media marketing for travel industry strategies, you must first set goals and a plan of action into place for your travel agency itself. Identifying and assessing what is most important for your travel agency can help you with promoting your services as well as crafting travel social media content for your visitors and prospective clients in the future.
Define Your Target Audience and Client
When you manage or own a travel agency, it is imperative to define your target audience and clientele before you begin travel agent social media posting and using online platforms for promotional purposes. Define the audience you intend to market to and reach based on what type of traveling plans you assist with most when it comes to your business. While defining your target audience of clientele, ask yourself the following questions:
- What age range, gender, and location am I most interested in reaching and appealing to with my travel agency? Why am I interested in reaching this specific audience or demographic?
- Who is most likely to take advantage of the services I provide with my travel agency?
- How can I spread the word about my travel agent social media content and the booking services I provide both locally as well as online in my area or region?
- Who is most likely to respond to my promotions as well as the digital marketing strategy I launch to promote my services as well as my travel agent’s social media presence online?
- What incentives can I offer to prospective travelers and clients who are interested in traveling and are seeking out a travel agency to represent them?
Setting financial goals also matters when it comes to managing and operating a successful travel agency. If you have financial goals that need to be met at the end of each week, month, or even entire year, be sure to keep them in mind at all times. Determine how many new clients or travel booking packages you need to maintain in order to remain profitable and successful year-round, even during the off-season.
Branding and Online Presence Goals
Consider your branding and online presence goals when building a campaign for social media marketing travel industry style. Using the internet is one of the quickest and easiest methods of sharing information and spreading the word about a business, which is why it is important to consider what type of travel agent social media posting is best for you based on your location, the type of services you offer, as well as the clients you are trying to reach.
When creating an online presence, consider what goals are most important to you, such as:
- Maximizing your online reach and boosting the visibility of your website and social media presence
- Boosting your website’s SEO, or search engine optimization within top search engines such as Google, Bing, Yahoo!, and Duckduckgo
- Showcasing your services to those who may have otherwise been unaware of the existence of your travel agency and the services you offer
- Increasing the chatter surrounding your travel agency and all of the services you offer among those online, thus driving more traffic to your website and helping to increase the number of leads you generate
Building an Online Presence
Before you begin writing and publishing social media posts for travel agents, there are a few steps to remember and keep in mind. Building an online presence is not always as simple as pressing a few buttons, but it does not require much beyond a bit of brainstorming to get started off on the right foot.
Craft the Vision for Your Online Presence
What does your vision of an online presence look like for your travel agency? Do you want to appeal to those in your local area who travel frequently, or are you more interested in appealing to those who do not have experience with traveling or booking their own flights and hotel accommodations?
Before you can ensure your online presence is perfectly fitting for the plans you have for your own agency, it is highly recommended to reassess your own values as well as the target clientele you intend to reach with your social media marketing and online advertising campaigns.
Test your website’s SEO and social media score in 60 seconds!
Diib is one of the best SEO and social media monitoring tools in the world. Diib syncs to Facebook and Google Analytics and uses the power of big data to help you quickly and easily increase your social media traffic and SEO rankings.
- Easy-to-use automated social media + SEO tool
- Keyword and backlink monitoring + ideas
- Speed, security, + Core Vitals tracking
- Automated ideas to improve Social Media traffic + sales
- Over 250,000k global members
- Built-in benchmarking and competitor analysis
Used by over 250k companies and organizations:
Choosing a Domain Name
If you do not have a website or an official blog yet, it is important to register a relevant domain name. Registering a domain name is a simple and straightforward process that only requires a few minutes to get started, even if you are new to the process itself. When selecting a domain name, keep the following tips in mind, especially if you are registering a domain name for the very first time:
- Choose a “.com” domain name when registering a domain for your official website or travel agency blog. Because a .com is the most popular and common domain name, it will be easier for new users and visitors to remember.
- Avoid using difficult or quirky spellings in your domain name. Always register the same domain name as the name of your business whenever possible. If your preferred domain name has already been registered, be sure to research the taken domain to ensure that it is not already a competing travel agency.
- Avoid using hyphens and odd or unique spellings within your chosen domain name, especially if the name does not match your official agency name. Always streamline the name of your business and/or brand with the domain name you choose to purchase.
(Image Credit: Love2Dev)
Launch Your Official Website or Blog
After you have registered your official domain name, you can then begin building and launching your official website or blog. Whether you opt for a website builder or if you prefer CMS (content management solutions) such as WordPress, you can get started with the build of your website immediately after purchasing a domain name as well as a web-hosting package that is right for your website’s needs. Here is an example of what WordPress looks like:
You will be interested
(Image Credit: Design Solutions)
Types of Content You Intend to Share and Promote
When developing a content marketing strategy for your travel agency, consider the type of content you intend to share as well as the audience you want to reach. What content is most likely to appeal to the widest audience possible? How do you intend to share the content you publish? What platforms are best for you to promote your content and attract new prospective clients?
Are you solving problems or addressing specific pain points with the content you intend to create for your visitors and prospective clients? How will you increase engagement with your posts from your visitors with each new content marketing strategy you launch?
Types of Marketing Strategies for Travel Agents and Travel Agencies
Once you have a domain name and a blog system in place, you can begin deploying various marketing strategies to help spread the word about your agency and the services you offer.
Social Media Marketing
Social media marketing is one of the best strategies to consider as the owner or manager of a travel agency. With a myriad of platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and even Snapchat, maximizing your reach and visibility online has never been easier or quicker with the right social media marketing for travel industry strategy in place.
Social media marketing is free to use and has become one of the most popular tools for digital marketers and strategists alike today. With social media, you can begin building your presence and spreading the word about your travel agency immediately.
When creating social media pages and accounts, be sure to do so by selecting a name that is the same as your travel agency itself as well as your official website and domain name. Choosing the same names and page URLs when creating a social media marketing strategy can help users to locate your agency if they are otherwise unfamiliar with your agency and its name.
Once you have your social media pages created, upload logos and media that are relevant to your agency. Streamline your social media account pages with the same logo and/or graphics of your travel agency name. Streamlining your social media pages helps with establishing your online presence and branding your agency itself. For instance:
Social Media Marketing Tips for Travel Agencies
Running a successful and thriving travel agency online with the use of social media marketing does not require extensive programming, marketing, or communication skills. When cultivating a following on social media and using social media to spread the word about your agency’s services, keep the following tips and tricks in mind:
- Consistency is key: Consistency is key when it comes to developing and fleshing out an online presence, especially with the use of social media. Use social media regularly to share updates, news, and other content with your followers and prospective clients. Implement a posting schedule to avoid going too long without providing your followers and clients with proper updates. For example:
(Image Credit: Business 2 Community)
- Branding matters: Use the same branding for your travel agency across all websites and social media platforms online. Branding can help others to remember your business while also helping you to solidify a professional reputation within your market and preferred industry.
- Content marketing: Use your content marketing strategy in conjunction with your social media marketing strategy to maximize your reach and ability to appeal to new prospective travelers and customers in need of representation. Integrate your current content and email marketing strategies into your social media marketing strategy. Share your blogs, content, and promotional materials on all of your social media account directly from your website or blog itself. Use social media as a platform to promote already-existing content on your website that you find relevant, interesting, or extremely useful to your followers and audience. Put social media to work for you by implementing all of your content for maximum exposure.
Email marketing still goes a long way, especially for local businesses such as travel agencies and firms. Using email marketing is one of the most intimate and personal methods of communicating with current and prospective customers or clients, especially those who are always working on-the-go or maintaining busy and hectic lifestyles.
Email marketing provides a unique method of communicating with current and prospective clients without overspending on printed material and direct mail campaigns. Using email marketing is also a way to remain more personal and intimate with current and prospective clients while addressing problems and pain points you are working to solve with your travel agency. The image below shows a travel agency email:
(Image Credit: Campaign Monitor)
With the use of email marketing, you can also better gauge which readers and subscribers of yours have a genuine interest in traveling and who is less than eager to hear from you again in the future. Email marketing may seem outdated, but it is still one of the most efficient tools used in digital marketing today for just about any business, brand, or niche.
Did you know??? Roughly 80% of marketers have reported an increase in email engagement over the past 12 months. What’s more, in 2019, the number of global email users amounted to 3.9 billion. (Hubspot)
We hope that you found this article useful.
If you want to know more interesting about your site health, get personal recommendations and alerts, scan your website by Diib. It only takes 60 seconds.
In most industries today, content marketing is still considered king. Without content marketing, establishing a business or brand as authoritative becomes increasingly difficult. Using content marketing is one of the best ways to show that you are an expert and an authoritative source in any market or industry, even those that are highly saturated or rife with local and online competition.
Developing and executing a working content marketing strategy can help you to take any business or agency to the next level of success. With informative, useful, and engaging content, outperform locals while also attracting newcomers as you simultaneously garner their trust.
PPC, or pay-per-click marketing, is one of the most popular marketing strategies for businesses and brands in all industries. Using PPC marketing, you choose which websites, domains, and blogs you wish to advertise on as well as other locations such as search engine results that may be optimal for your agency’s visibility. For example:
(Image Credit: Neil Patel)
Using PPC ads is ideal for anyone interested in boosting SEO, or search engine optimization for their website or domain name. Additionally, PPC ads can also be extremely helpful once you have established your agency’s name as well as your website’s domain name within your specific market and niche.
Using social media is also optimal for building connections and strengthening the relationship(s) you have with current and previous clients.
Connect and Communicate Using Social Media
With the use of social media, you can quickly connect and communicate with those who have a genuine interest in your travel agency as well as those who have turned to you for services in the past. Use social media to respond directly to comments, inquiries, and even criticism.
The Importance of Transparency Online
With social media, connect with users instantaneously while also showcasing and highlighting your own agency’s transparency. Transparency goes a long way when establishing a business and building a professional and positive reputation. With social media, you can showcase transparency at all times by always responding professionally, courteously, and in a timely manner.
Avoid responding harshly or negatively, even if an individual is being rude or untruthful. Showcasing transparency is one of the best ways to build a positive and professional reputation for your business, brand, or agency.
Diib®: Hit Your Social Media Posting Goals
Working towards travel agent social media content that is not only relevant to your prospective clients, but also relevant to the services you offer is a way to create a branded image of your company in your city and/or state. Partnering with Diib Digital will offer you an added measure of security that you’re posting content that is relevant and effective. Here are some of the features of our User Dashboard we’re sure you’ll love:
- Social media integration and performance
- Platform specific audience demographics
- Keyword, backlink, and indexing monitoring and tracking tools
- User experience and mobile speed optimization
- Technical SEO monitoring
Call today at 800-303-3510 to speak with one of our Professional Growth Experts or click here for your free 60 second site scan.
We recommend starting out your social media strategy with Facebook. From here you can begin posting, adding photos, answering questions, advertising and creating events. Think of Facebook as your social media home base.
The first, and likely most important thing to do to get corporate clients, is to network. Network on social media, events, digital ads and real life approaches.
We recommend starting off with earning likes and connecting with social influencers. Share your content consistently, including lots of destination photos. Create a social media calendar and stick to it and utilize IGTV. Video can be a powerful sales tool.
Yes, hashtags are one of the most reliable ways to get followers on Instagram. As they can be used across platforms, they are valuable on Facebook as well.