Do you edit all your digital marketing photos? Well, if you don’t, now is your time to start. Even when you take the best quality photos, you still need to edit them to enhance their appearance. Using photo editing software appropriately can create more realistic photos for your online marketing.
Why Edit Your Photos?
Edited photos drive more business. For instance, if you run a fashion business, you can attract more clients by use of stunning images. With the best photo editing app for selling, ecommerce websites can upload attractive product images to drive up sales and revenue. You also need to edit your photos for:
Photo retouching is common with fashion, wedding, modeling, and product photography. It removes spots, acne, and blemishes on the photos to make them perfect. With a photo retouch, the photographer or marketer increases the beauty of the model to make them appeal to clients. Photo retouching involves the use of digital makeup to enhance the skin color and tone. It might also involve removing color from the hair, or eyebrows, to make a model more attractive.
When a photo has an unnecessary object or people in its background, you need to remove them to put more emphasis to the main subject. You can leave the background white, or you can replace it with another background. Most photos on ecommerce sites have no background to make them more appealing and minimize distraction from the products. Background removal is also known as clipping path service. Here is an example of this process:
(Image Credit: PicMonkey)
Photo editors use image masking technique to remove background from hair photos, furry jackets, dolls, and furry fabric. Such photos are complicated, and they need more precise techniques and tools to edit.
Different factors affect color during shooting, including camera setting, lighting, environment, and perspective. The marketer can rectify color issues through photo editing. Here, they use techniques such as gray-white balance and color strength and vibrancy. The techniques are common in modeling and fashion photography.
Test your SEO in 60 seconds!
Diib is one of the best SEO tools in the world. Diib uses the power of big data to help you quickly and easily increase your traffic and rankings. Diib will even let you know if you already deserve to rank higher for certain keywords. As seen in Entrepreneur!
- Easy-to-use automated SEO tool
- Keyword and backlink monitoring + ideas
- Speed, security, + Core Vitals tracking
- Intelligently suggests ideas to improve SEO
- Over 250,000k global members
- Built-in benchmarking and competitor analysis
Used by over 250k companies and organizations:
You can remove mannequins from photos through photo editing. With so many ecommerce websites selling clothes, it is important that the products look their best. During photography for clothes or jewelry, the photographer uses dolls, mannequins, or humans to give the articles a shape. However, the dolls and other props need to go once they serve their purpose. Photo editing can remove the mannequins and retain the shapes of the garments. For instance:
Shadow Creation and Image Manipulation
Adding a shadow makes images look more realistic and appealing. A light shadow addition comes in conjunction with other shadow editing services such as background removal.
Manipulation involves changing the shapes, color texture and tone, and the general look of a photo. This is ideal when a marketer needs to achieve different marketing strategies. Here, a marketer can change the human photos into caricature to achieve a given strategy.
Restoring Old Photos
If you have old photos, you can use business editing apps to make them look pretty and recent. Restoration of old photos negates the need for new photos and allows a marketer to use photos of items or persons no longer available for a photo shoot.
Top Photo Editing Apps for Digital Marketing
GIMP, short for GNU Image Manipulation Program, offers a long list of free features for comprehensive photo editing. At first, the GIMP interface looks cluttered, but once you get a handle of it, it becomes easy to use. It is an open-source photo marketing editor app that offers expandability and opens almost all image files.
You can use the editor to tweak your snaps or create your images from scratch. It offers different layers, customizable brushes, image enhancement tools, and filters among other features. Better yet, the editor supports a host of plugins, some which come pre-installed, that give additional features. This is what GIMP looks like:
This being an open-source software, the community members always update the features and deal with bugs fast. All features come together to create a software that works as good as other commercial programs.
You will be interested
5 Automation Tools Every SMB Should Use
Website Reporting: Your Guide to Analysis and Stats
Pingdom Tools: Comprehensive 2021 Guide
Backlink Software: 8 Top Tools for Link Success
What Good Marketing Analysis Tools Are There?
What is the Best SEO Software?
GIMP Features and Benefits
The software offers the following features:
- Customizable interface
- Original Artwork
- Digital retouching
- Photo enhancement
- File format
- Graphic design elements
- Hardware support
(Image Credit: MakeUseOf)
GIMP sports a standard interface that aligns with its high-end graphics. The UI has three areas; the toolbox, editing area, and other features such as the layer, undo, channels, and paths. On the image tab are relevant thumbnails instead of photo names. It offers advanced tools such as channel manipulation and “open as layers” commands. The program offers a host of customization options, allowing the user to extend its functions. You can use one of the many plugins to access more features and services.
GIMP is available for Windows, Mac, and Linux and for mobile operating systems Android and iOS. It is ideal for small and medium business and freelancers. You can use the program online if you do not want the download option. Further, you can sync your smartphone with your PC to access edited photos from your PC to your smartphone.
On the web, GIMP is available in two versions – rollAPP, which is easy to use, but with limited features and rollApp Premium, which is a paid version of the app. This premium version comes with a host of pre-installed plugins to supplement its functionality.
Photoshop has been in use for more than 30 years now and it continues getting better. It has been labeled as the best photo editing software for social media, and for a good reason, it has a long list of editing features. The software is good for:
- Layered image editing
- 3D modeling
- Multitude of effects
(Image Credit: Adobe Artists)
It has some of the most advanced editing tools, including AI-powered filters, live shapes, sky replacement, and many more. For professional photo editing for ecommerce marketing, most webmasters use Adobe Photoshop.
Unlike GIMP above, Photoshop is a premium program. You need a Creative Cloud Subscription that will cost you $9.99 every month to get Photoshop Lightroom. You can no longer access Photoshop as one-payment software. It is accessible only as software-as-a-service.
Installing Photoshop is easy – first install the Creative Cloud Helper and everything else will fall into place. The Helper will install updates and syncing of online files. It also carries Adobe News, Adobe creative community, and stock images. The new Adobe allows you to browse and install plugins from the community.
Photographers still using the old version will miss out on features such as:
- Content-Aware Crop
- Face-Aware Liquify
- Touch and Stylus Input
- Cloud Documents
- Design space view
- Glyph panel
- Synced libraries
The updated version of Photoshop also offers haze removal, raw camera file support, and more navigation options.
Photoshop offers a more customizable interface. You can choose different workspace layouts, including 3D, motion, painting, graphic and web, and photography. Better yet, you can rearrange the toolbar button however you like it. Other features include:
- Document Dialog – This is a feature on the new Photoshop. When you need to select a document, the software offers different templates, including instant film mockups, textured geometric masks, and photo collage layouts. If you copy an image on your clipboard, Photoshop gives an option of opening an image with the dimensions of the image in the clipboard.
- Photoshop Home – The software gives your thumbnails of recently accessed files and libraries from the start page. This page also presents personalized tutorials. It also has a search magnifying glass with which you can see program functions, tutorials, stock images, and your own images.
- Selection Tools – Selecting subjects and objects is easier in the new Photoshop. The program uses Sensei, an AI program, to better select images on the home page. There are a host of tools such as the Magic Wand and Quick Selection tools that allow you to select subjects better.
- Neural Filters – These new features allow you to change the age, mood, and gaze of a person. Most of the features work from the cloud, and you may have to wait a little for them to load. Most of the face tools offer so much fun, for instance, the Happiness slider, which allows you to make someone appear happy. There are sliders for anger and surprise.
Other tools and features include:
- Sky replacement
- Lens blur
- Adobe Camera raw
- Camera Shake reduction
- Font tricks
- Mobile designs and libraries
- 3D tools
This is among the best online photo editors for ecommerce. It runs online to offer great convenience when you need fast editing. The system supports masks and layers, and you can customize its interface to make it easier for you to use. You can upload photos from your desktop or from a URL. It offers more features to edit images than most of the online selling photo editor options.
You can import photos from Facebook for editing. Once you load a photo on the editor, Pixlr changes into a Photoshop style interface. It offers a host of filters with masks and layers for advanced photo edits.
You can customize the brushes and most of the other tools on the interface for better functionality. Better yet, there are also keyboard shortcuts for curves and levels and other common features that you need more.
Pixlr has an interface almost similar to GIMP. It has all the tools in a palette to the left of the home screen. There are more tools at the top and layer previews to the right. You can drag the panels across the window to meet your screen preferences. The history tool on the photo editor allows you to scroll through different actions, undo, and repeat actions as you need. For example:
(Image Credit: Weebly)
You can tweak different individual aspects of your photos such as the color, exposure, and levels, or you can choose automatic photo editing tools.
Is Pixlr Free?
You can choose between the free and the paid versions of Pixlr. The free version uses open –source advertising, which can make working on it much less interesting. Pixlr Pro has more features and does not contain ads.
The main features on Pixlr Pro include:
- Magic Wand
- Digital Painting
- Object Transform
- Digital Inking
- Texts and Fonts
- Color Replace
- Image Retouching
- Photo Collage
We hope that you found this article useful.
If you want to know more interesting about your site health, get personal recommendations and alerts, scan your website by Diib. It only takes 60 seconds.
iPiccy is easy to use. It allows you to edit photos using sliders, filters, and curves. It also allows skin retouching, including elimination of pimples, fixing red eyes, and much more to make the person better looking. The system has an advanced text editor with a database of more than 10 fonts whose color, height, length, width, and transparency you can adjust.
The online version of this editor is free. It is an option for newbies looking for simple retouches using a free editor. If you haven’t used a photo editing app before, this might be a great choice as its features are simple. The mobile and the PC versions present simple interfaces for users.
It allows you to:
- Adjust color, contrast, and brightness
- Superimpose shadows and frames
- Pass the photo through editors
- Retouch images
(Image Credit: iPiccy)
- Effects: The Effects tab opens a host of tools such as artificial aging and 3D effect. These tools allow further editing, but don’t offer deep corrections.
- Retouch: You can use this feature to adjust the skin tone, eye color, and distort other details. You can make the changes using a brush or a slider, and you do not need unique photo editing skills to do it.
- Text – You can add text to the image and customize it as you need. You can change the font and impose effects on it. You can also change the colors, size, and transparency.
- Painter – This feature allows you to make arbitrary changes in the photo. The editor has adjustable brushes with a wide array of colors to choose from. There are also frames and textures. Frame options include vignette, reflection, and shadow.
If you need the best photo editing app for selling as a beginner, this option will meet your needs succinctly. There is a mobile option for iOS and Android although the iOS version is premium. Besides the iOS version of the editor, all other versions are free.
Snapseed is among the top business editing apps for mobile. The online selling photo editor is available on Google Play store and Apple Store. On both iOS and Android platforms, the system has nearly the same features. It offers professional quality editing unlike other mobile editing apps. It also offers a simple interface with a long list of tools that mirror the photo editing giant, Photoshop.
Snapseed is not an app for amateurs, thanks to the wide range of features, including edit brushes and professional film filters. You can upload photos from your device. Once uploaded, the app allows you to zoom into the images or move it around using the navigator button at the bottom of the screen.
Basic Tools in Snapseed
- Stack Tools – The Stacks, Layers, or Edits allow you to tweak your photos as you need. You can use the Stack Brushes to add effects on your photos. For instance, you can use the black and white filter and then use the Stack brushes to paint a part of the photo. You can then save the Stack edits and use them in future photo edits.
- New Tools – The Curves Exposure is one of the new tools that allow better editing. Another one is the Face Pose, which allows you to tilt and pan your photo to edit the pose and or correct distortions in length. This tool is great for single photos on a frame. You can use it to adjust the smile and pupils of a person.
- Tune Image – This is a basic feature that allows photographers to adjust the contrast, brightness, highlights, saturation, warmth, and shadows of an image the same way Instagram does.
- Spot6 Repair – This is an automatic tool that corrects blemishes and spots on the skin. You only need to swipe your thumb up and down and the feature works wonders.
- Details – Details tab offers Structure and Sharpening features, which help you boost contacts and sharpen the fine details respectively, for a more defined look.
- Transform – This is a feature common in most marketing editor app options. It allows you to adjust the horizontal and vertical perspectives and the rotate options. The app adjusts the photo to fit into the crop zone once you adjust its vertical and horizontal perspectives.
- Brush Tool – You can use this tool to dodge and burn, and adjust exposure, saturation, and color temperature. It lets you use a brush and paint on an area using your finger or stylus.
(Image Credit: Android Central)
Diib®: Learn How to Spot the Best Photo Editing App for Selling!
When searching for the best photo editing software for social media and websites, you will come across both free and paid options. There are also online photo editors for ecommerce and download options. Consider the effects you need on photos in relation to the features and tools that an app offers. A photo speaks a thousand words – make your marketing photos count.
Partnering with Diib Digital will provide you with an added measure of security in your choice of photo editing app for a boost in your sales. Here are some of the features of our User Dashboard you’ll want to focus on:
- Keyword, backlink, and indexing monitoring and tracking tools
- Google Core Algorithm monitoring
- App monitoring and tracking
- Alerts to broken pages where you have backlinks (404 checker)
- Alerts and Objectives that guide you to strengthen your website
- Monthly call with a growth expert
Click here for your free 60 second site analysis and industry ranking or call 800-303-3510 to speak with one of our Growth Experts.
There are so many apps available for free photo editing. Adobe Spark is a free design app with a powerful, easy-to-use picture editor. It will allow you to scale, rotate, tilt, resize, and flip photos. It is available through the web or on your mobile phone.
Editing is enhancing or changing photos or images. These can include: digital photographs, illustrations, prints or photographs on film. Some forms of editing are done by hand while others are done via editing programs.
Here are the top free editing apps for photos:
- Prisma Photo Editor.
- Adobe Photoshop Express.
- Adobe Photoshop Lightroom CC.
- Adobe Photoshop Fix.
Photoshop Elements is a less expensive version of photoshop and comes with more limitations. It was designed for users who don’t need all the bells and whistles or complex options of traditional Adobe Photoshop.
Get Photoshop on desktop and iPad for just $20.99/mo.