With the advent of social media, marketers and entrepreneurs alike have quickly discovered just how valuable of a tool social media marketing is for their businesses and brands. Knowing how to build engagement on social media is the cornerstone of an effective online marketing campaign today, whether you are promoting a brand new business or expanding the online reach and visibility of an existing corporation.
Using social media effectively and with optimized campaigns can help you to increase social media engagement as you take any business, brand, or company to the next level of success.
Why Use Social Media to Market Your Business or Brand?
Social media has become one of the most effective and popular tools for marketers to promote their own brands, entire businesses, and even specific products or services they have to offer. Whether you are entering an extremely niche market or if you are working in a highly competitive and saturated market, the opportunities are virtually endless once you know how to get more social media engagement with each of your online marketing campaigns.
Some of the most notable benefits and advantages of learning how to improve social media engagement for your own social media marketing campaigns include:
- Maximize your reach: Maximize your online reach with successful social media campaigns. Whether you intend to reach everyone in your local neighborhood or if you intend to launch an international campaign, you can do so with the use of social media marketing.
- Branding: Branding your business is essential, whether you offer outdoor sporting goods or if you are a high-end fashion boutique. Social media marketing campaigns provide you the ability to implement and use your brand’s logo and color schemes along with the messaging and voice of your choice across each and every one of your individual ads.
- Streamlining your online presence: In order to build an effective digital marketing strategy, you will need to streamline your brand across various social media platforms, blogs, and even within top search engines. Use social media to help streamline your brand across the entire web so users can easily identify and recognize your business and brand anywhere online.
- Improve your SEO: You can use social media marketing to help with improving your website’s SEO, or search engine optimization. The more a website is picked up on social media, within blogs, and within websites or search engine results, the more likely it is to appear within the first page(s) of search results itself. The right social media marketing campaign can help your website to quickly climb the rankings within top search engine results from engines such as Google, Yahoo!, Bing, and DuckDuckGo.
- Outperform competition: Another reason to put social media to work for you and to learn how to increase social media engagement is the ability to outshine and outperform your current existing competition. Even if you are entering a highly competitive and saturated market or industry, the right social media campaign can be just what you need for your business and brand to stand out and break the mold.
- Facebook is the primary content distribution channel for marketers today.
- Over 1.6 billion people around the world are connected to a small business on Facebook.
- 18% of marketers currently use Facebook Groups.
Brand Your Social Media Presence
Once you create pages and accounts for your brand on social media, it is important to first brand your social media presence and all of your pages across the board prior to launching any marketing strategy or campaign you have in mind. Effectively learning how to increase your social media engagement requires an understanding of the importance of branding and making a positive lasting impression on potential followers and online users.
Whenever you browse to a well-known company’s social media page, such as McDonald’s, you are met with the easily identifiable and recognizable golden arches as well as various slogans that have become globally synonymous with McDonald’s worldwide. Branding your own social media page can mean the difference between falling short of your expectations and outperforming even your own goals and any milestones you have set for your campaign.
Branding your social media pages can be done by utilizing high-quality logos that are streamlined across all platforms as well as on your official website or blog. It is also highly advisable to implement and use your brand’s slogan as well as any particular color scheme you have chosen to use to represent your business on all of your social media pages and accounts. For instance:
(Image Credit: Designhill)
Avoid using grainy, outdated, or blurry photos or graphics to promote your brand or to showcase your company’s logo. Remember, you often only have one opportunity and chance to make a positive, professional, and memorable impression on your target audience and those you want to become your customers or clients.
FACTS: Pinterest is five times better at driving in-store sales than any other social platform. In fact, 83% of pinners would rather follow a brand than a celebrity. (BlueCorona)
Test your website’s SEO and social media score in 60 seconds!
Diib is one of the best SEO and social media monitoring tools in the world. Diib syncs to Facebook and Google Analytics and uses the power of big data to help you quickly and easily increase your social media traffic and SEO rankings.
- Easy-to-use automated social media + SEO tool
- Keyword and backlink monitoring + ideas
- Speed, security, + Core Vitals tracking
- Automated ideas to improve Social Media traffic + sales
- Over 250,000k global members
- Built-in benchmarking and competitor analysis
Used by over 250k companies and organizations:
Create a Stellar Content Marketing Strategy
Creating a stellar content marketing strategy is extremely important when learning how to get more social media engagement for any business, brand, or idea online. Without a working content marketing strategy, maximizing your reach and solidifying your own place within a specific market, niche, or industry becomes increasingly difficult, if not next to impossible in some cases.
The right content marketing strategy can help you to stand out from the competition as you also establish your business or brand as authoritative, trustworthy, reliable, and professional. When getting started with a content marketing strategy for your business or brand, keep the following tips and tricks in mind:
- Go niche: Choosing to enter into a niche market or industry is highly advisable for any brand or business that is new to digital marketing. Covering niche topics and providing in-depth information on various niche subjects can help to garner attention while attracting visitors as you establish your brand as professional and authoritative.
- Relevant topics and trends: Stick to providing content that is not only relevant but also trending within the market or niche you are targeting. The more targeted a piece of content is, the easier it is to hone in on specific audiences of those who may genuinely be in need of the information you have gathered and provided.
- Consistency: Consistency is key when it comes to launching a successful content marketing strategy. Update your blog as well as your social media page(s) for your business and brand at least once a day. Avoid spamming your followers, but also avoid going days or weeks without a proper update. Brands that remain relevant and visible within social media feeds typically post at least once a day with valuable content that is also highly relevant and extremely engaging.
- Promote engagement: Promote engagement of your blogs as well as your social media updates by asking a question or by asking for feedback and input from your followers themselves.
- High-quality visual aids: Use high-quality graphics, images, videos, and illustrations throughout your content marketing strategy, whether you are creating a new blog entry or if you are providing an in-depth tutorial or infographic for your users. Using high-quality graphics and branded material can also help you to establish a professional reputation for your business and brand, both online and off. For example:
You will be interested
Engage and Interact
Before you can learn how to build engagement on social media as well as any marketing champion or genius, you must first establish and cultivate the relationship you have with your followers and online community.
Engaging and interacting with the users who currently follow you is one of the best ways to establish a professional and trustworthy reputation, regardless of your chosen market or industry. With the invention and spread of social media and internet marketing, competition in most industries has never been higher, requiring brand marketers and ambassadors to get engaged with their audiences at a level most have never experienced.
Take the time to engage and interact with your followers on all of your brand’s social media pages each day. Respond to questions and inquiries openly, honestly, and transparently with public responses that remain visible to the public at all times.
Engage with positive comments, jokes, and even tongue-in-cheek teasing to create a brand reputation that is not only reliable and consistent, but also playful and down to earth. Use social media as a platform to create genuine and long-lasting connections with those who are willing to help you share your posts as well as spread the word about your business and brand to their own family members, friends, and social media connections. For instance:
(Image Credit: Ready Artwork)
Consider what tone of voice and what type of messaging you intend to use to connect with your followers and target audience based on the demographics you are planning to reach. Avoid sounding too robotic, corporate, or dry if you represent a brand that provides fun products to individuals who are carefree and adventurous. On the other hand, it is also important not to sound too cheery, friendly, or overly casual if you are in charge of a major banking or financial institution targeting high-end business clients.
Selecting the right voice when crafting copy and messaging goes a long way when it comes to boosting engagement on social media and helping your business or brand to stand out from the crowd. You can also use your brand’s voice to help your stand apart from those who are already competing for the same users or audience as you.
Host Contests and Giveaways
Another way to help with increasing the overall engagement and interaction you receive on social media is to host contests and giveaways on the platforms of your choice. Whether you are using Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, and even Snapchat, attract more users and garner more attention to your brand’s official social media pages as well as your own official website by hosting contests and giveaways. For example:
(Image Credit: Business to Community)
Using social media to host contests and giveaways is not only a way for you to spread the word about your business and brand, but it is also a way to encourage users to learn more about your products and services, even if they were previously unaware or unfamiliar with the name of your brand.
Any type of content or giveaway is likely to drive more traffic to your website as well as your official brand pages on social media. The more traffic you are able to generate and drive to your website as well as your social media pages, the more you will boost your domain’s SEO, or search engine optimization.
If one of your main goals of a digital marketing campaign is to boost your overall visibility within top search engines such as DuckDuckGo, Yahoo!, Bing, and Google, hosting a contest or a giveaway is one of the best ways to get started.
When launching a contest or giveaway of your own, consider the prize(s) and who they are most likely to appeal to before you begin promoting your contest or asking others to spread the word. Ask yourself the following questions once you begin the process of planning your next upcoming contest or giveaway:
- Target audience: Who will I be targeting with my hosted contest or giveaway? Is there a specific demographic I want to reach, and if so, why? What age range, gender, and location am I targeting with this contest or giveaway I am planning to host?
- Reach: How do I intend to reach my target audience with this upcoming contest or giveaway? What times are best to promote a giveaway or contest? How long will I allow users to enter and/or participate in order to remain eligible for the prize(s) I am planning to give away?
- Participation: Will the contest or giveaway I am planning to host require the engagement or participation from those who wish to be eligible for any prize I am giving away? How will I track the overall engagement and participation of those who enter? What are the benefits of requiring individuals to engage or participate in a contest in order to qualify for products?
- Branded prizes: What type of prize(s) am I offering to those who win the contest or giveaway I am hosting? Am I willing to provide branded products, or am I offering cash, gift cards, and other prizes to participants? What are the potential benefits of utilizing branded goods to promote my business or brand with the contests and giveaways I host?
Research Trends and Use Relevant Hashtags and/or Keywords
Trend and keyword research is imperative for anyone interested in learning how to increase your social media engagement. If you are unfamiliar with the current trends and relevant hashtags or keywords that are most prevalent throughout your market, niche, or industry at the time of your campaign, you may find yourself struggling when it comes to reaching prospective customers and followers who have a genuine interest in your brand.
Spend time using various tools including both Google Trends as well as Google Analytics to research, track, and monitor keywords as well as trend popularity within your market or chosen niche and industry. With tools such as Google Trends, gain valuable insight into the wants and needs of users who have a vested interest in the products, services, or even in the information that your business or brand has to offer. Here is an example of Google Trends:
(Image Credit: Business Insider)
With tools such as Google Trends, you can craft well-received and in-demand content that provides useful and informative tips or information to your readers and/or customers. The more valuable, unique, and interesting your content is to your target audience and the demographics you are trying to reach, the easier it becomes to attract new customers and to retain customer loyalty over time.
We hope that you found this article useful.
If you want to know more interesting about your site health, get personal recommendations and alerts, scan your website by Diib. It only takes 60 seconds.
Ask Questions and Request Feedback
Building a sense of community can go a long way when establishing a business or brand on social media. One of the best ways to get started with the process of building a sense of community is to do so by engaging your followers with questions and also by requesting feedback and input from your users directly. For example:
(Image Credit: Convince & Convert)
When you have a mission of garnering trust from your followers, you can work towards achieving these goals by requesting honest and truthful feedback from those who are currently following you as well as those who have a genuine interest in learning more about your business or brand. Because garnering trust and loyalty in your visitors, users, and customers is not always an easy task, establishing and cultivating a relationship of trust goes a long way by asking for feedback.
Diib®: Social Media Demographics at Your Fingertips!
Learning how to improve social media engagement and increase the number of followers your brand has on social media is not always an overnight process. However, familiarizing yourself with various social media platforms and digital marketing techniques can help you to increase social media engagement and maximize your online reach. Partnering with Diib Digital will provide you with the metrics necessary to make strategic business decisions regarding your social media engagement.
Here are some of the features of our User Dashboard that make Diib different from other digital analytics platforms:
- Social media integration, engagement and performance
- Platform specific audience demographics
- Keyword, backlink, and indexing monitoring and tracking tools
- User experience and mobile speed optimization
- Technical SEO monitoring
Click here for your free scan or simply call 800-303-3510 to speak to one of our growth experts.
Engaging your followers on social media begins with knowing who they are. 1) Find out their demographics. 2) Talk about more than just your brand, talk about topics they may care about. 3) Share other people’s content and use high quality images. 4) Use hashtags to track your success. 5) Offer contests or giveaways frequently. 6) Most importantly….be consistent.
This is a summary or a plan of everything you hope to accomplish via social media. It helps you to know the content you’re going to post at specific times and helps you maintain a regular schedule.
Here are the steps to see your traffic:
- Login to Google Analytics
- Select the desired website
- In the left taskbar, navigate to Acquisition > All Traffic > Channels.
- Here you can see a detailed traffic report.
SMART stands for Specific, Measurable, Attainable, Relevant and Time-bound. By aligning your goals with these you have a baseline for your decision-making.
This is traffic that has come to you by commercial means, in other words, you pay for the lead. Examples include: website banners, pay per click advertisements and YouTube ads.