Establishing a reputable and professional dental practice not only requires hard work and an understanding of the craft, but also time and loyalty from those who support you. If you are looking for ways to broaden your reach and appeal to the locals in your area with your dental practice, turning to the internet just might be the strategy you need.
With the advent of the internet and social media, companies and dental practices alike have taken notice of the benefits each has to offer. Using tools such as PPC, or pay-per-click ads for your dental practice is not only a way to boost your visibility and online exposure, but it is also a way to solidify your place as an authoritative source for dental work and services.
What are PPC Ads?
PPC ads, also known as pay-per-click ads, are a form of digital advertisements that provide more budget, spending, and directive control to the individual launching the campaign themselves. With PPC campaigns, you have the ability to bid on each click or visitor you receive to your website as a result of your advertisement appearing within search results or on a third-party website.
With the use of PPC ads, you have the option of setting budgets for each day, week, or even month as you see fit. Using PPC ads is simplistic and straightforward, which is why it is an optimal tool even for those who are unfamiliar with the process of marketing and advertising online.
Why use PPC Ad Campaigns?
Using PPC ad campaigns can help you to get started with the promotion of your dental practices and services even if you are new to an area or new to having an online presence altogether. Notable advantages of using PPC campaigns to promote a business, brand, or idea online include:
- Help achieve goals: Use PPC campaigns to achieve goals, whether you are intent on boosting your online visibility, improving your website’s SEO, or even attracting new patients.
- Measurables: PPC campaigns are highly informative and can be tracked at all times. It is also possible to implement your own measurables with the individual PPC campaigns you launch to reach specific goals and milestones you have set in place.
- Integration: One of the most attractive elements of PPC campaigns is that they can often be integrated with a variety of platforms and website plugins or tools. Integration is key when you want to maximize your ability to track and monitor incoming data. The more data you are capable of collecting, the easier it is to optimize future ad campaigns. With an optimized PPC campaign, save on your advertising budget while appealing to only those who have a genuine interest in your dental knowledge or a need for your dental services.
- Easy to Get Started: PPC ad campaigns are simple enough for even the most tech-averse individual to use. With quick and easy entry, PPC makes an ideal candidate for a campaign type that is perfect for those involved in a local business or dental practices and healthcare.
Perks and Benefits of Using PPC Ads for Dentists
Using dental pay per click campaigns can come in handy, whether you are looking to cut back on your marketing costs or if you simply want to attract new patients during an off-season. Perks and benefits of using PPC campaigns for dental ads include:
- Geo-specific targeting: Use geo-specific targeting with PPC ad campaigns to appeal to only locals or those within your dental practice’s vicinity. Honing in on specific zip codes, regions, and even streets or neighborhoods is possible with various PPC campaign managers and solutions.
- Use targeted keywords: Use highly targeted keywords to appeal to specific types of patients and those who may require your services.
- Result-driven strategies: If you are interested in building and establishing an online presence within top search engines or if you simply want to branch out with additional local traffic, choose which result-driven strategy is right for your PPC campaign. With a PPC marketing strategy, it is also much easier to launch multiple campaign strategies simultaneously even if you have a strict and tight budget in place.
- Placement options: With PPC campaigns, the options of ad campaign placement are virtually endless. Depending on the PPC management solution you use, place your ads on relevant websites, competitor blogs, and relevant communities within your area or region.
- Monitoring: Monitor incoming data and stats for each individual PPC campaign you launch to quickly discover what is working for your audience and what is falling short of your own expectations.
FACT: Three-fourths of people (75%) say paid search ads make it easier to find the information they are searching for on a website or search engine. One-third of people (33%) click on a paid search ad because it directly answers their search query. (bluecorona)
Create Your Marketing Strategy
Creating a marketing strategy for a dental practice requires more than an understanding of how to provide top-notch dental care. In order to succeed with your Adwords portfolio and your future PPC campaigns, there are a few steps to keep in mind to help get you started.
We can set-up and optimize your Google Ads for you but let’s also test your website’s SEO potential. Takes 60 seconds!
Paying for traffic is an important way for many businesses to grow but ranking naturally in Google for your important keywords is free. While Diib helps 1000s of businesses grow with Google Ads management, Diib is also one of the best SEO tools in the world and uses the power of big data to help you quickly and easily increase your traffic and rankings. Diib will even let you know if you already deserve to rank higher for certain keywords. As seen in Entrepreneur!
- Over 250,000k global members
- Keyword and backlink monitoring + ideas
- Built-in benchmarking and competitor analysis
- Easy-to-use automated SEO tool
- Speed, security, + Core Vitals tracking
- Too busy for SEO? Diib’s Growth Experts can set-up and optimize your ads!
Used by over 250k companies and organizations:
Define Your Audience
Define the audience you want to reach with your website, social media, and PPC campaigns. Use the following questions to help better hone in on a specific target demographic or group:
- What is the purpose of my PPC campaign?
- Who is most likely to view and see my PPC campaign where I intend to launch it?
- How will I incentivize users to click my PPC link?
- What platforms are best to reach my target audience on, and why?
- Is there a specific time or day that I should launch my PPC campaign(s) based on the demographics I want to appeal to?
Set Goals for Your Online Presence
What goals are most important to your dental practice when it comes to your online presence and PPC campaigns? Are you more interested in boosting your website’s SEO, or search engine optimization, or the number of referrals you receive during any given month?
Spend time researching keywords and trends that are relevant to your practice and the dental services you provide. Which services are most likely to drive traffic to your website or help you to stand out amongst the competition in your local area? Use tools such as Google Trends to gain insights into common and popular keywords or trends in your industry and niche. For example:
(Image Credit: Oral Health Group)
Target Local Traffic
Use geo-specific campaigns to target local traffic and those in your area who may be in need of dental services. Targeting locally is not only a way to save on the total amount you spend on advertising campaigns, but it is also a way to ensure highly targeted and optimized results.
When PPC ad campaigns appear to someone who lives hundreds of miles away, you are essentially throwing your budget away. By using geo-specific campaign strategies, avoid overspending and maximizing your ROI, or your return on your investment.
PPC for Dentist Marketing Strategies
Whether you are experienced with digital marketing or new to PPC campaigns, there are many ways to get started when building your Adwords portfolio for your dental practice.
You will be interested
PPC for Dentists: Why Paid Ads Work Fast!
How to Optimize Your Google Ads
Traditional Text Ads
Traditional basic text ads are the most common form of PPC ad campaigns, as they are extremely straightforward and have plenty of placement options. Using text ads within your PPC campaign is possible on specific websites, with various social media networks, as well as within search engine results. For instance:
(Image Credit: DentistryIQ)
Whether you are looking to maximize your exposure within top engines such as Google, Yahoo!, DuckDuckGo, and Bing, or if you are interested in sharing information about your services on a competitor’s website, basic text ads are a great tool to get started with your PPC campaign.
Use ad extension PPC ads to also provide more information about your business and to help catch the eye of users who are accessing a website for other information. Ad extensions can help your ad to stand out among a wall of text, which is especially useful when promoting your dental practice on a large website or even within popular search engine results. Because so many users online today are well-versed in browsing the web and have become immune to ads with “ad blindness”, ad extension placement can help to set your PPC campaign apart.
Using CTA, or call-to-action campaigns for a dental office or practice is highly advisable, as those seeking dental work are much more likely to take action immediately when prompted. For example:
(Image Credit: Smile Marketing)
Because dental services and work are typically considered health-related and a top priority for most, using a CTA PPC campaign can significantly increase the traffic you drive to your website, the referrals you garner or the phone calls for new patients that you receive.
It is also highly advisable to utilize A/B testing when trying new CTAs that work best for your dental practice as well as the goals of your website and online presence. With A/B testing, ultimately save time as you market to those in your area while simultaneously learning more about what your users, current patients, and targeted clientele want from your practice and its online presence. Here is an example of an A/B test:
(Image Credit: OneSignal)
Optimize PPC Ads for Direct Contact
As a dentist, you can also put PPC ads to work for you by using contact information or CTAs to drive direct contact to your place of business. Using PPC ads to implement your own address, your website URL, as well as your phone number can help drive traffic and referrals to your practice.
Optimize your PPC ads for direct contact by sharing your phone number within the PPC ad itself or by using a catchy CTA to drive users to a landing page that provides further contact details, including your address and direct phone number.
We hope that you found this article useful.
If you want to know more interesting about your site health, get personal recommendations and alerts, scan your website by Diib. It only takes 60 seconds.
Tracking the Success of PPC Ads for Dentists
Tracking the progress and success of each individual PPC ad campaign you launch is essential, even if you are experiencing immediate results in real-time. By tracking your ad campaigns regularly and consistently, make necessary edits, changes, and updates to optimize the overall performance of your campaigns and to help prevent overspending by optimizing your budget.
Use Web Tracking Tools
Use web tracking tools such as Google Adwords as well as Google Analytics to launch your PPC campaigns and to monitor web traffic and results of individual campaigns you have created.
With tools such as Google Adwords, build your Adwords portfolio with various PPC campaigns that help you to learn more about your visitors and prospective or existing patients. Using the right tools to monitor and track your PPC campaigns is extremely valuable when it comes to ensuring the longevity of your dental practice as well as its success. For instance:
(Image Credit: WordStream)
Create Different Landing Pages for Each Campaign
Create and use different landing pages for each individual PPC campaign you launch. Using separate individual landing pages for your PPC campaigns helps to better track the results of each strategy you use while also providing a way to remain actively involved in the marketing and messaging of your ads.
Sending users to a different landing page for each of your PPC campaigns provides immediate insight into what ad campaigns are working best to drive traffic and appeal to your target audience most. By using different landing pages, you can also ensure that you are hitting your target and any goals you have set in place for specific PPC campaigns.
Use separate landing pages for each of your PPC campaigns to also gauge which keywords, headlines, and CTAs are catching the eye of users online as well as current or prospective patients you are trying to reach. By using separate landing pages, a proper PPC management tool, as well as various tracking tools such as Google Analytics, stay on top of the performance of your marketing campaigns and current strategy at all times.
Refine Dental Ads and Ad Campaign Strategies Daily
One of the most important aspects of building successful digital marketing strategies is tracking performance and refining campaigns as you go along. While it may feel tedious and time-consuming, refining your ads and PPC campaigns on a daily basis is essential, especially if you are just launching a PPC campaign or digital marketing strategy for the very first time.
Each day it is important to review and monitor the overall success each of your PPC campaigns generates based on measurables and KPIs that are most valuable to your dental practice. Ask yourself the following questions:
- What PPC campaigns are performing the best? Are there any PPC campaigns I am running that are at optimal performance? What measurements am I using to define optimal?
- What keywords am I using that are working the best to drive traffic or to motivate users to call or contact my dental practice directly? Am I using A/B testing to further optimize these ads for even better results? Are there other keywords I should target to help outperform competitors who have already cornered specific niches in my market?
- Who is visiting my website from the PPC campaigns I have live? How am I tracking the demographics I am reaching with each PPC campaign I have launched? Am I appealing to the same users I am targeting, or am I reaching an entirely new audience?
- Are there any PPC ads that I am running that are not currently producing results or generating leads for new patient referrals? If so, can I remove them from my PPC ad campaign rotation?
- How can I best improve my PPC marketing strategy to ensure that all of the PPC campaigns I am running are fully optimized as much as possible?
Did you know??? Display advertising has proven to increase traffic to websites by 300%. (bluecorona)
Use PPC Management for Dentists Services
Another option to streamline your digital marketing strategy and your PPC campaigns altogether is to work alongside a PPC management service. Working with a PPC management service is a way to gain access to knowledge and expertise that may not be available or accessible to you anywhere else.
With the help of a PPC management company, gain valuable insight into the demographics and patients you need to reach to obtain and retain success, regardless of your location and surrounding competition near you.
Diib®: Partner with Us to Optimize Your PPC Campaign!
Although establishing a reputation as a professional dentist requires time, effort, and plenty of work, it is made much easier with the use of social media in conjunction with PPC for dentist campaigns and online marketing strategies. Partnering with Diib Digital can give you that added peace of mind when you’re starting out a new PPC campaign. We give you the most up-to-date metrics about all aspects of your PPC strategy.
Here are some of the features of our User Dashboard that can help:
- Customized Objectives give you simple tasks designed to optimize your PPC
- Alerts that tell you about your Domain Authority other technical SEO issues
- Click-through-rate monitoring and repair
- Social media post performance
- Broken pages where you have backlinks (404 checker)
- Keyword, backlink, and indexing monitoring and tracking tools
- User experience and mobile speed optimization
Click this link for a free 60 second site scan or to speak to a growth expert, simply call 800-303-3510.
Pay per Click marketing (PPC), is a marketing technique where the business owner can bid on certain keywords. Your custom ad is then placed where customers can click on it and you only pay when your ad is clicked on.
Similar to an SEO specialist, a PPC specialist manages the advertising campaigns of a company. From bidding, ad design, implementation, SEO and overall analysis, this person would ensure your ad campaign is effective and lucrative.
PPC ads are only as good as the intent of the person clicking the ad. You can get so many spammy clicks, costing you money without any real purchasing intent.
Organic traffic through SEO can result in more genuine and less expensive traffic than PPC. The downside of SEO is that it can take time to build reliability and a reputation. PPC can result in faster, more short term traffic.
Typically, SEO runs between $650 on the low end to $5000+ on the high end. This depends on so many factors including the scale of your campaign and competitiveness of keywords.