Building a hotel and establishing its brand requires a passion for spreading the word about your venture and a genuine love for providing excellent customer service. When you want to promote your unique hotel, doing so is no longer limited to traditional marketing methods and local advertisements or newspapers. Today, turning to digital solutions such as Google Adwords can help to significantly improve your overall marketing strategy and the number of bookings and reservations you receive.
What is Google AdWords?
Google AdWords is a digital advertising platform that is designed to allow individuals and businesses alike to launch their very own ad campaigns online without the use of a professional team. With Google AdWords, it is possible to launch hotel ads whether you are looking to appeal to locals or if you want to appeal to tourists from around the country or even from around the world.
- 2019 Google advertising revenue was over $116 billion.
- Google Ads convert 50% better than organic search results.
- Average ROI is 200% on Google Ads campaign spending or 2|1.
Why Use Google AdWords?
Choosing the right ad platform to get started on when you are promoting a business such as a hotel can feel daunting and even a bit confusing, especially if you are new to the practice of digital advertising. In order to immerse yourself in the world of digital marketing without quickly becoming overwhelming, choose Google AdWords.
Google Adwords is not only designed for professional marketers and entrepreneurs in mind, but also for individual social media managers as well as small business owners. Getting started with Google Adwords is straightforward and provides you with the ability to get started with any type of ad campaign of your choice within just a matter of a few short minutes. Some of the benefits that come with using Google AdWords to promote your unique hotel include:
- Cost: Using Google Adwords itself is free of charge. With Google Adwords, you are only responsible for the cost of running your campaigns and paying for the clicks you receive (based on the type of campaign you launch). With Google AdWords, you are not required to pay a one-time purchase fee or an ongoing service fee in order to maintain access to the Google AdWords platform itself.
- Accessibility: Google AdWords is one of the best platforms for those who are new to digital advertising to get started on, regardless of your niche or target market. With Google AdWords, enjoy videos, guides, and complete walkthroughs to help you get acquainted with the Google Adwords platform and all that it has to offer.
- Keyword research: Research keywords and trends with the use of Google AdWords as well as Google Trends to gain valuable insights into what is trending within the hotel industry near you as well as around the world. For example:
(Image Credit: Saverocity)
- Budgeting: With Google AdWords, add a budget to your digital campaign as you see fit or adjust the current budget you have set in place for an ongoing campaign. Whether you are interested in placing a bid for each click or visitor you receive or if you want to set a daily/weekly/monthly budget in place, you can do so with your Google AdWords campaigns.
- Real-Time Reporting: With the use of Google AdWords, it has never been easier to keep track of your ongoing campaigns individually in real-time. With real-time reporting, see which ad types, language, and visuals are most effective at reaching prospective guests based on their location(s) as well as the platforms or websites you are advertising on. Real-time reporting can also help you to become even more proficient in crafting and launching successful online marketing campaigns.
- In-Depth Analytics: With the use of Google AdWords in conjunction with Google Analytics on your hotel’s official website, learn everything you need to know about your online visitors and potential guests. Using both Google AdWords as well as Google Analytics can help you to determine which ad campaigns have succeeded, which require updates, and which are falling short of expectations at any time. Additionally, Google AdWords makes it easier than ever to download and store reports of each individual campaign you launch by dates and other specific metrics, which is ideal for anyone interested in optimizing their campaigns further. For instance:
(Image Credit: Ad Espresso)
We can set-up and optimize your Google Ads for you but let’s also test your website’s SEO potential. Takes 60 seconds!
Paying for traffic is an important way for many businesses to grow but ranking naturally in Google for your important keywords is free. While Diib helps 1000s of businesses grow with Google Ads management, Diib is also one of the best SEO tools in the world and uses the power of big data to help you quickly and easily increase your traffic and rankings. Diib will even let you know if you already deserve to rank higher for certain keywords. As seen in Entrepreneur!
- Over 250,000k global members
- Keyword and backlink monitoring + ideas
- Built-in benchmarking and competitor analysis
- Easy-to-use automated SEO tool
- Speed, security, + Core Vitals tracking
- Too busy for SEO? Diib’s Growth Experts can set-up and optimize your ads!
Used by over 250k companies and organizations:
Types of Ads You Can Create With Google AdWords
When creating an ad campaign for the first time, it is important to have a general idea of the type of ads that you will be capable of making, depending on your budget as well as the campaign vision you have in mind. Whether you prefer visuals or if you are interested in text-based ads to save money and for SEO, or search engine purposes, there are plenty of options to help you get started. The most common ad formats that are often used by digital marketers and hotel campaigns include:
- Traditional text ads: Text ads can help to promote the name and brand of your hotel. Use text ads within top search engines such as Google, Yahoo!, DuckDuckGo, and Bing to help boost your website’s SEO and your hotel’s online visibility. Over time, your ad campaigns may help to improve your website’s ranking within the first page(s) of search engines. Here are some examples of text advertisements:
- Generic campaigns: Focusing on specific Google hotel ads is another way to drive traffic to your hotel’s official website while spreading the word about your hotel simultaneously. Use Google hotel ads pricing to compare your options when selecting keywords and phrases you intend to target. Additionally, using resources such as Google Trends can also provide valuable insight into top-performing and trending keywords that are most relevant and useful for the hotel industry and your unique hotel itself.
- Remarketing and retargeting campaigns: After you are comfortable with the Google hotels ads center and you have launched Adwords hotel ads in the past, you can also consider retargeting and remarketing campaigns. Remarketing and retargeting campaigns can help you to hone in on the audience(s) you have reached in the past, allowing you to better optimize each individual campaign you launch for your hotel in the future. Remarketing and retargeting provides you with an opportunity to appeal to an individual who may have already viewed your link or even visited your website but has not yet booked their own reservation. Targeting specific demographics and consumers who are most likely to become a potential guest can help significantly with the success rate of a remarketing and/or retargeting campaign.
- Video retargeting and remarketing: If you are using video advertisements and/or animations to appeal to your prospective guests, consider launching video remarketing campaigns to learn how what type of advertisement works best to appeal to and engage your audience.
FACTS: 83% of video marketers say video has helped them generate leads. What’s more, 84% of people say that they’ve been convinced to buy a product or service by watching a brand’s video. (HubSpot)
Getting Started With Google Hotel Ads Center
Getting started with the Google hotel ads center is possible by first creating an account with Google AdWords or using your existing Google account to register a Google AdWords account for your hotel business. After you complete the initial steps of registering and verifying your account, you can use your Google hotel ads login to begin crafting ad campaigns for your hotel.
Choosing Ad Types and Sizes
After using your Google hotel ads login and accessing the Google AdWords platform, begin familiarizing yourself with the platforms itself with a bit of exploration. Getting comfortable with the Google Adwords platform can help with streamlining your marketing efforts without wasting too much time or becoming overwhelmed. Google AdWords also provides in-depth guides and walkthroughs to help new users to get acquainted with the platform before launching your ads.
There are many ad types to consider with Google Ads, depending on the type of branding you use for your hotel as well as the campaign strategy you intend to launch. From traditional text ads to 250x 250px visual ads and standard banners, you have many options to choose from when it comes to creating and launching Adwords hotel ads campaigns. For example:
You will be interested
PPC for Dentists: Why Paid Ads Work Fast!
How to Optimize Your Google Ads
(Image Credit: AdEspresso)
Get to Know Your Prospective Guests
Before you launch a campaign without direction or strategy, consider who you intend to reach and what type of promotions or ad campaigns they are likely to respond to personally. Understanding your target audience is key to maximizing your advertising efforts without missing the mark or target you have in mind.
Consider the Core Demographics You Want to Reach
Depending on the branding of your hotel, your location, and your preferred guest demographics, you will need to shape your ad campaigns in a way that resonates and that is relevant to your audience. Because hotels may vary in accommodation availability, size, and even aesthetic, it is important to know your target audience of consumers before you begin launching digital ad campaigns.
What is the age range you intend to target with your digital ad campaign? Are those individuals more likely to book a hotel reservation online or in person? If they choose to reserve hotels online, how do they do so? Will your prospective guests feel more comfortable reserving their hotel room using a desktop computer, or do they typically complete their reservations and purchases with the use of their mobile smartphone?
Where will you reach your intended audience online, and why? What social networks and search engines are your prospective guests most likely to use when searching for hotels and other forms of accommodation? How will you stand out amongst your local and regional competition in your area with your ad campaigns?
Research Marketing Trends Within Your Target Demographics
Whenever you intend to launch new Google Adwords campaigns, it is vital to know which keywords, phrases, and messaging you will be using first. Consider the voice you want to use for your ad campaigns based on the type of guests you are trying to appeal to and attract.
What keywords and phrases will you target? Are you looking to launch geo-specific campaigns for those in your area, or are you interested in a brand-specific campaign to help establish your hotel’s online presence and spread the word about your location and availability?
Use tools such as Google Trends to gauge which phrases, keywords, and messages within the hotel industry are currently trending or popular, especially in your targeted state(s) and/or region(s). Once you are familiar with what keywords are typically used to seek out reservations in your area, you can begin crafting marketing campaigns that are much more likely to deliver optimal results. The image below shows keyword research using the WordStream keyword tool:
(Image Credit: Neil Patel)
Compare Competitive Hotels Near You
If you want to learn more about your local competition and their strongest features and abilities, immerse yourself in the local hotel culture. Compare competitive hotels near you by browsing their websites and reviewing their own online presence through the use of social media.
Take the time to follow local hotels to learn more about their digital campaigns as well as the voice and messaging they use to promote their hotel’s location, upcoming events, and even deals or promotions they are currently running.
You can also use the social media pages of hotels near you to also gain valuable insight into how the locals feel about each location. Spend time browsing through comments that local competitive hotels have posted to see what others are saying, both good and bad. Learn what members of your community think and feel about local hotels, their environments, features, services, and even pricing.
Being well-versed in the hotel industry as well as the local hotel industry in your area goes a long way as a hotel manager or owner. When you are well-informed of how the hotel industry is managed and operated in your area and how others feel about existing locations, you can easily outperform your competition with relevant and effective Google Adwords campaigns.
We hope that you found this article useful.
If you want to know more interesting about your site health, get personal recommendations and alerts, scan your website by Diib. It only takes 60 seconds.
Build Your Website
In order to use Google AdWords effectively, you will need an official website and online presence. Register your hotel’s domain name if you do not already have a domain or a website. Once your website is up, it is important to conduct keyword and trend research for SEO and marketing purposes, whether you are targeting tourists or locals in your community.
Streamline Your Branding Efforts
Streamlining your brand on your website, within social media, and even within Google AdWords campaigns can go a long way when it comes to spreading the word about your unique hotel as you establish a credible and professional local reputation, both online and off. Use the same logo, language, and color scheme when creating ad campaigns with Google Ads to match your hotel’s current look, feel, and overall aesthetic.
By streamlining your branding efforts, you will make it much easier for potential guests to recognize and remember your hotel’s name and logo. Additionally, the more streamlined all of your campaigns are with your hotel’s social media and web presence, the more likely you are to be at retargeting and remarketing campaigns in the future.
Establish a Presence on Social Media
One of the fastest ways to spread the word about a unique hotel is to do so through the use of social media. Establishing an online presence for your hotel with the use of social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest can help you to maximize your online visibility and reach, especially if you are new to the hotel industry. Once you have pages for your hotel on social media, be sure to streamline them with the same logos, domain URL, as well as the same voice and messaging you use within your ad campaigns. For example:
(Image Credit: Hotel Speak)
Launch Campaigns Involving Social Media
Because social media has become such an integral part of the lives of billions of people worldwide, it is no wonder that it has become a prominent location for ad campaigns of all types. Using social media is a great way to launch campaigns using Google AdWords, especially if one of your goals is to attract followers and garner a larger following online within networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Amassing a growing online following with social media is a way to build a credible and professional brand for your hotel in less time, regardless of how competitive your local market is as well as your surrounding competition. With the right strategy, outperform your competition while also ensuring that your own unique hotel remains relevant, interesting, and books for weeks or even months to come.
Diib®: Optimize Your Hotel Ads Today!
The right digital marketing strategy and proper Google hotel ads pricing can help you to stick to any advertising budget you have in place while achieving your goals of maximizing your reach, improving your reputation, or even attracting new guests to your hotel itself. Partnering with Diib Digital can bring you an added measure of confidence in your hotel advertising campaign. Here are some of the features of our User Dashboard that set us apart from the competition:
- Customized Objectives give you simple tasks designed to optimize your website and ads
- Alerts that tell you about your Domain Authority other technical SEO issues
- Bounce rate monitoring and repair
- Post performance
- Broken pages where you have backlinks (404 checker)
- Keyword, backlink, and indexing monitoring and tracking tools
Click here for your free scan or simply call 800-303-3510 to speak to one of our growth experts.
Google Hotel ads is a service that displays the nightly rates for your hotel and other top hotels in the area. This is based on your Google My Business listing and the specific query by the potential guest.
First off, set up a feed for your pricing and availability. Create a Google Hotel Center account in order to send and manage your rates and availability across Google. Connect your prices and availability with your ads and create a campaign. Start advertising.
The average CPC on Google Ads is $1-$2 for the search network and less than $1 for the Google Display Network. Generally, small-to-midsize companies will spend $9000 to $10,000 per month on Google Ads.
Facebook ads are best for brand awareness or demand generation. If you are looking to generate leads or actual sales, then Google Ads would be your choice.
For many businesses, a 5 to 1 revenue to ad ratio is considered ideal. This means, for every dollar spent in advertising, $5 of revenue is produced. A 20% cost-per-acquisition, or CPA, is another way of expressing this ratio.